“I felt a night and day difference. It’s just a small way that you can care for yourself through the healing process.”
Some Women Claim That Ingesting Their Placenta:
- Balances hormones
- Increases energy
- Increases and enriches milk supply
- Decreases postpartum bleeding
- Helps increase iron levels
- Helps with sleeping problems
- Helps tone your uterus back to normal size
Interesting Fact: Almost all mammals, with a few exceptions, will naturally and instinctively ingest their placentas after childbirth.
The placenta is rich in nutrients and filled with natural hormones that you quickly lose after childbirth. Some think that ingesting the placenta helps balance that immediate loss and allows your body to slowly adapt to such a change. It is such a great way to help with postpartum healing naturally.
The placenta is most commonly brought to a powder form for ingestion in a vitamin/supplement-type capsule, but can be prepared in a variety of ways. Some of the ingredients that may give the placenta healing properties are (taken from placentabakery.com):
- Gonadotrohin – the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone
- Prolactin – promotes lactation
- Oxytocin – for pain and bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and infant. In pharmaceutical form this is a very addictive drug because it promotes a feeling of connectedness with others.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone – boosts energy and helps recovery from stressful events
- Cortisone – combats stress and unlocks energy stores
- Interferon – stimulates the immune system to protect against infections
- Prostaglandins – anti-inflammatory
- Hemoglobin – replenishes iron deficiency and anemia, a common postpartum condition
- Urokinase Inhibiting Factor and Factor XIII – stops bleeding and enhances wound healing
- Gammaglobulin – immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections
All placenta encapsulation services and fees include:
- Picking up the placenta from the place of birth unless using Jenny for in-home encapsulation
- Delivery of finished product (typically within 72 hours)
- Containers to hold the finished product with instructions
To place an order please fill out the contact form, select Placenta Encapsulation,
and type in “Please send me an order form”.
PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NO LONGER BE OFFERING PLACENTA ENCAPSULATION SERVICES AFTER AUGUST 31. FOR DUE DATES SEPTEMBER AND LATER, WE WILL GIVE LOCAL RESOURCES FOR ENCAPSULATION.