A comprehensive course with Board Certified Lactation Consultant, Kelly Wysocki-Emery.
Perfect for expectant parents who plan to breastfeed. Designed for singles or couples, we will cover all your questions about breastfeeding, leaving you more confident than when you came. We will cover everything and still leave time for pumping/work/bottle questions. Bringing your partner in crime along is highly recommended, as they will be a crucial part of the teamwork needed to breastfeed (you can bring one support person for free). Can’t wait to meet you!
Topics covered will include:
- Your amazing breasts and the milk they produce.
- Your amazing baby mammal.
- Typical positions plus some not-so-typical ones that may work better for you.
- Ways to get the best latch possible and how to heal if it hurts.
- Normal feeding behaviors, patterns, and expectations.
- The most common roadblocks in breastfeeding and how to overcome them.
- How to squirrel away milk for when you go back to work.
- How to combine pumping and working.
- Ways Dad/Partner/Grandma/Doula can help with breastfeeding.
- How to bottlefeed your breastfed baby.
- Your pump options–I’ll bring 5 pumps to explore.
To register just fill out the registration form on the website and let us know which class date you’re interested in. This class is part of our Saturday Series, so check out the other classes happening on the same day!
This class requires a minimum of 4 registrations. Students will be notified if the minimum is not reached, and a recorded version of the class will be sent that can be completed by the student at any time.